Cade here! Well everybody, for years now, I have seen my beautiful wife typing away to the readers of a journal that she finds therapeutic in so many ways. Unfortunately, I think I may be the reason she needs this "therapy." However, I'd like to say that I have become so proud of her mad skills as a writer, that I requested a space on her blog that I could write my opinions/thoughts on life and the pregnancy. Here are questions that I feel are appropriate for the incredible things that are happening in our lives:
How far along is she? 33 Weeks, 5 Days (Dang, it's flown by!)
Does she crave anything that you find odd? She really doesn't crave that much. She HATES making decisions about what to eat for dinner. If I hear the "I make decisions all day; so, I don't want to choose what we eat for dinner" statement one more time, I might go crazy. :) So, I usually decide what we eat unless she wants to try something new from Pinterest....in that case, I get spoiled. I love my wife's cooking.....except her meatloaf.
What is the one thing that has changed the most during the pregnancy? Amanda has always been a happy person. She's a former cheerleader; and therefore, is able to smile and turn a thousand heads her way. As much as she jokes on this blog, you guys don't know half of how funny she is. I have to say that with her being pregnant, she is even more hilarious than she was before. I LOVE it.
Best moment of the pregnancy? Amanda and I went to the condo in New Braunfels a few months ago. She said that she was just starting to feel Lyla moving around in there. We were watching a Friends marathon when I put my hand on her belly. All of a sudden, I felt the most incredible feeling in the world. Lyla kicked/punched/kneed/head-butted my hand.....HARD. It was the moment when it really sank in that I was becoming a father.
Why do you like your daughter's name? LYLA is a beautiful name. Amanda came home one day with that on her mind, and we've never looked back since. Seeing her name everywhere in the nursery verifies that we made the right choice. I love seeing it, writing it, spelling it; and (when I hear her name) I can see her face. JOY is the perfect middle name for our daughter. Amanda's grandmother is a very special person to my wife. If you know anything about the two of them, you'll see the reasoning behind many of Amanda's lifetime decisions (career, family focus, etc.). Every "Joy" I know is a woman of God that leads people with determination and heart - something I can't wait to watch my little L.J. do on her own.
What is the best piece of advice someone has given you about becoming a dad? "Get a gun. Keep them hairy-legged boys off the front porch." - Mike Dobbs Ironically, my father-in-law gave me this piece of advice about having a daughter. I'm glad he didn't keep me from hanging around! He put the gun away when Amanda and I got engaged. I appreciate the gesture. :) Lyla won't be so lucky. Amanda said that I can't get a gun until I have a safe to put it in. Guess what I'm buying this next month? Yeeeeeuuuuuup.....our Passports and Car Titles will be safe and secure until I get my gun. Playas don't play. :)
What are you most anxious about with having a baby girl? There are so many things that freak me out about having a daughter. I try not to let them get the best of me. I will be WAY out of my element for the rest of my life, but one of the other pieces of advice I have been given so far was this: "You are the last line of defense for her. Don't let anything/anyone through that you don't approve of." I'm not a big guy, but I'm gonna intimidate the crap out of any punk kids!
What are you looking forward to? I can't wait to see how great of a mom Amanda is. Although we will have different parenting styles, we will be complete as a team. Not only that, there's a little one that comes along with Amanda becoming a mom and me a dad....her name is Lyla Joy. She is gonna rock this world.....better get ready.
I guess I'll follow tradition: Picture Time!
This is me.
The most beautiful woman in the world on MY leg. :) Eat your hearts out guys.
As always, Olivia (even as a sleeping pup) says "YO!"


You did good, Cade, and I know you'll be a great daddy!
ReplyDelete