Tonight, Lyla was in hysterics, screaming 'momamomoma' from her room, I was sitting on the floor outside her room bawling and Cade was trying to make me feel better, just a confused about what was happening as I was. Poor Olivia even seemed uneasy.
Once we got Lyla to calm down and to sleep, Cade and I had a discussion. We've both done an absolute TON of research about babies and their sleeping method and made a decision tonight. I felt like sharing the out come (for right now) of our talk because I've got lots of other Momma friends who may be going through this, or will go through it eventually. So here it goes:
CALM THE HECK DOWN. We both decided that we were panicking about such a small part of her day. After reading all the research, blogs, discussion boards, etc, we decided what we already knew but were blinded by emotions, babies can be extremely inconsistent. They usually won't do the EXACT same thing for more than a few weeks. If they do, its because they are young and not super active yet-- they really don't have a choice about what their body does. Lyla won't sleep like this forever. She's not sick (we took her to the ped.). She's just going through a phase. The main thing we've decided was to not be so hard on ourselves. Everything will work out. :) We will do what we need to do in order to get sleep and feel comfortable!
Anywho. We've just really been struggling with this and I wanted to share. It probably doesn't help at all because it's no sure fire answer to solve the problem but, hopefully you can take a breath, wipe away the tears, and wait for it to pass. :)
This is what we need more of... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment