Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life these days...

Life these days are c-razzzzzy! Its been a whirl wind of laughter, tears, and learning over here. We've had so many visitors and loved ones come by and see us. It's been wonderful and we feel really loved.

She is two weeks old today. I feel like we just got home from the hospital yesterday.

It's tough to keep count of all the things we learn everyday... it's a mix between pure exhaustion and learning to be a parent. Let me list a few things we've learned... the good, bad, and ugly. :)

  • Baby girl makes it a habit to poo when you have just taken her diaper off... like spray poo. Oh geez... you should have seen our faces the first time that happened. Hahaha!
  • Every morning after her 5:45-6 am nursing, Lyla lays in bed with Cade and I and sleeps until around 9. I look forward to those 3 hours every morning-- its so special. :)
  • Lyla likes to randomly take fist-fulls of her own hair and give a firm tug... then scream about it. Ha. Geez, silly!
  • I love giving her baths... she really is on the fence about it-- especially right now because she can't fully submerge in the water due to her little ambi cord still hanging on so she gets cold quickly.
  • I feel as though I smell of a mix between spit up and wipies... all the time.
  • Lyla is starting to be aware more often during the day and we LOVE seeing her little eyes as she looking around. We are so enamored. We can't believe she is here- a real little person and not in my belly anymore! So crazy. 

Well, here are some pictures  :)


These are from our newborn shoot with Milano Photography... they are AMAZING!



I love this one. :)

Just chilling... So cute!

First stroller ride and I was asleep the whole time. 

Hahaa- whooping is for sure. 

 Exhausted doesn't even describe it. So worth it though. 

Hehe, when she's super tired, she sleeps with her hands up . Gah, is it just me or is everything she does freaking previous!! 

:)

My ooooooooooooooohh face!

Well, there ya go. Life in the very tired days of the Butler's. :) We go to the doctor in the morning for our two week check up... I'm nervous! Have a wonderful end of the summer!


OH and Olivia says hi! She's doing great with the baby. Super excited about all the visitors we've been having. We say "Olivia, say hi to the baby" and she comes over, tail wagging, and licks her hands and the top of her head. It's hysterical. 

Amanda 


1 comment:

  1. Oh...I die! She is so adorable! I LOVE the newborn pics!!!!! And the Zoolander face:)

    ReplyDelete