Sunday, May 20, 2012

Life and 29 Weeks


Hi Everyone!

How far along? 29 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain? 22 pounds
Maternity clothes? OH YEA! I'm so hot already!! I wear lots of skirts and shorts. 
Sleep? Last week I started having trouble falling asleep. Once I get to sleep I'm okay but falling asleep after I get up to pee every 4 hours is becoming kinda hard. 
Best moment this week?  There are SO many moments!! We took our maternity pictures this weekend and its was a blast. We used Milano's Photography and they were amazing. Honestly, I was freaking out about the pictures because I freak out about everything and they made us feel so comfortable. I really hope they turn out good! 
Also, we are in the last trimester which is very exciting. I registered us for a bunch of classes at our hospital that I'm really excited to go to. It feels like when your pregnant, all you are is anxious to keep growing your healthy baby and then one day you wake up and you've gained 20 something pounds and you're about to meet your baby! The time flies by. 
Miss anything? I miss by back not hurting! WHINER <----. At the end of the day, my lower back hurts like whoa. This weekend Cade got me a belly band thing that looks like one of those back braces that you see the employees wear at wal-mart. Fortunately, I won't be wearing this on the outside of my clothes. :) Supposedly, its supposed to really help your back by supporting this bump!
Movement? Yes! Okay, because I freak out about everything I am constantly thinking about her moving. During week 26, she slept for what seemed like the whole week!! She would only move a little at night and while I was sleeping. Scared me to death. My Mom tells me "Just wait till she gets here and it'll be even worse!". Usually she'll move a little bit here and there throughout the day but mostly at night when I'm posted up on the couch. 
Food craving this week? I'm still pretty wrapped up in cereal. This week its Applejacks. :)
Anything making you sick? Nope. Just ready to be out of school. 
Gender? Baby girl, Lyla Joy Butler
Labor Signs? No! She is right on track. At 28 weeks, my belly measured 28 cm. I feel so big though! 
Symptoms? STRETCH MARKS! Gah. They are itchy and not pretty. Here is the deal, at a certain point, the belly gets big enough to where you can't see around it. I have these stretch marks below my bellybutton and who knows how long I've had them because I haven't been able to see the underside of my bump in a while. Oh well, small price to pay for a healthy baby girl!
Happy or Moody? I feel happy! I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable which can make me a not very nice person at the end of the day but overall, I am so happy to be growing our baby girl. 
Looking forward to? I looking forward to meeting Lyla. We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and her due date is in a few months. I am really anxious to finally meet her. I can feel her moving around in there and I'm so excited to see her face and meet her- know her personality. 
Also, we are having a 4D ultrasound on Saturday!! Our parents will both be there and we are very excited to share that with them! I can't wait. AND I have a shower on Tuesday given by the girls at work. I am really excited for that too! These ladies are so dang creative I'm sure this shower will be something from a magazine. :) 
Olivia and Me! 29 weeks!

Ha. Olivia is looking around my bump at the camera.

The nursery is painted and we've got all the furniture! Woo Who! I'm glad to have the ball rolling. I am almost done with the quilt and hopefully I'll get the bed skirt done in the next few weeks. I didn't take any pictures of how the nursery looked before we started. Boo. It originally had white walls and a dome light.  Here is the nursery so far. We have a long way to go but it's starting to come together. 

This is looking into the nursery from the door. Hopefully I can find baskets for that console and that'll be the changing table. 

Looking at the door from the other side of the room. I plan on putting pictures in each frame of that window sitting on the dresser- then hanging it above the dresser. :)

Here is the crib and closet... opposite of the dresser. I just washed some clothes and Cade was hanging them up for me. :) Ohhhh, getting ready!! Eek!

Well, I'm sorry it's been so long. I hope to be updating more frequently when school gets out with fun little projects I want to put in her room. 

This last week was absolutely horrible. My friend Kim told me that things come in 3's and I do hope she is right. On Tuesday, when we woke up, we discovered that Cade's truck had been broken in to. They didn't take much but, GRRRR, it irritates me. How LAZY to rob someone else instead of work like the rest of us and get your things the right way. Blah. Later that day, we had to put down our oldest and last ferret, Braxton. He was Cade and I's first pet. He had such a wonderful, fun life. He could romp around with the best of them when he was young. Unfortunately, he had an insulinoma  which made his blood sugar extremely low. Usually he'd come out of it with a little Karo syrup and food but, last weekend, he just couldn't shake it. His blood sugar dropped to below 40, which is pretty much flat lined. We took him to his doctor and he had said that it was our choice. Braxton's sweet little life just wasn't what it should be. He wasn't eating, he couldn't play, and he couldn't go to the restroom on his own. Cade and I decided that it was time. Putting an animal to sleep is the absolute WORST part of having pets. I gave Brax some love and went and sat in the car. Cade stayed to be with him while he went to sleep. I miss him everyday but he is having fun with his sisters now and NOT feeling sick at all. 

We miss you B!

I hope everyone has a good week next week. I just know this one will be better than the last. :) As always, Olivia says Hey!



- Amanda 



2 comments:

  1. Hey, Amanda! Your nursery is looking good, and I love the Lyla name hanging you made for the wall. It'll all look great!

    Also, sorry about losing Braxton. Love the picture of him and Cade.

    Best of luck during these next few weeks/months!

    ReplyDelete