Hey everyone!! Another update on Lyla! We are 22 weeks and 2 days along. She is the size of a papaya (which I had to Google, ha). Everything is going great. I'm feeling good, feeling her move constantly, and well, just blissfully happy.
How far along? 22 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain? Somewhere around 15 pounds
Maternity clothes? Umm, oh ya. Though I'm most comfortable in a t-shirt and stretchy shorts. It's already starting to warm up outside so sweat bullets if it breaks 75 degrees outside. Oh this summer is going to be just fabulous. :)
Sleep? Like a rock lately. I'm getting up about twice a night to tinkle.
Best moment this week? There are so many moments every week and everyday. It's tough to pick one out as more important than another. My favorite moment this week was when Cade inquired if I could "even still see my feet". Ha. I looooove my husband and he has such a great sense of humor about all the weird stuff that happens to a woman when she is pregnant. Wonderful.
Miss anything? No. Not this week. :)
Movement? All the time. It's one of the most wonderful feelings I've ever felt. EVER. I will really miss this feeling when she's born.
Food craving? Deviled eggs... maybe its just easter getting to me.
Anything making you sick? We have crayfish in our class right now and I feel like when I leave school I smell like those nasty little bugs. Ugh. I am also really grossed out by beef. Weird.
Gender? Baby girl, Lyla Joy.
Labor Signs? No
Symptoms? Only having to tickle every hour or two.
Happy or Moody? I am feeling great! Very happy!
Looking forward to? The third trimester. We are almost there!! That'll mean only 12 more weeks till we meet baby girl! I'm so ready.

22 weeks, 2 days... barefoot and pregnant!
Alright, Cade's grandmother gave us a rocker a couple of years ago and we always said we'd use it in our nursery one day. We'll about two months ago the rocker disappeared. Cade told me he had taken it to his Dad to get it glued together and in good shape so that I could have it reupholstered for the nursery. On Friday night Cade surprised me with the rocker... ALREADY reupholstered!!! Yall... he did so good! Here it is, finished!

The woman who covered the rocker for us kind of gave us a back story on the chair. When she refinished it, she found almost 5 different fabrics. The rocker was made in 1876... can you believe that? Cade's grandmother's mother was rocked in the same rocker Lyla Joy will be rocked in. It makes my heart swell to think about what a huge part of history we'll have in her nursery!
One last thing! I've been looking for bedding for her crib for several months and I can't find anything that I like. I decided that I wanted to make a quilt for Lyla's crib... something she will always have. I found the fabric at Quilt Asylum in McKinney... if you ever need any fabric or patterns, this place is wonderful! They are a little pricey but its worth it. Here are the first three blocks I worked on tonight. It's going to be CUTE when its done. :) I'll keep y'all posted.
Talk to you all soon!
-- Amanda
The rocker story is awesome, and I love the quilt colors.
ReplyDelete