Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Well... I've surfaced.

I'll save you the hoop-la. It's been busy. The end.

School ended and is starting again soon... (insert disheartening sigh here). We ended with a bang though! My teammates and I embraced the 80's. We had a blast! Here we are. (Thanks for the picture Laine!)


Cade recently took his show "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" to national thespian festival in Nebraska... I tagged along. It was a hoot. The kids were busy as heck and Cade was in panic mode 8 of the 9 days we were their but we lived to tell about it. :)



Overall, festival was a blast and an experience we won't soon forget but, I was ready to sleep in my own bed... for ONE night then we headed to Dension where we worked the firework stand with my family. Unfortunately, it was sloooooow this year. Probably because the entire county would catch on fire if someone even sneezed hard. It was very dry this year. It's still fun to spend that week with my family. It's become some-what of a tradition... a hot and sweaty tradition.

Now, I'm getting ready for my teammate and reallllly good friend's wedding. Taylor and Tony are getting married in Mexico at the end of this month... YAAAAA!!! Mexico!! It will be fun. I'll post pictures before Christmas. :) Haha!

Cade and I threw around the thought of getting another puppy. Then Olivia did something obnoxious and we immediately put that thought to bed. She is the sweetest little doo but bless her heart she has NO control over her excitement. We love her though. Here is our most recent family portrait.


Lastly, I'm still chipping away at grad school. This summer I'm taking two classes: young adult lit and information media specialist. Yep... The children's lit is awesome! I have to blog about all the children's books I'm required to read for the class. You can check out the blog if you want but be WARNED- most of these critiques were written in the wee hours of the morning with a goldendoodle in my lap. They aren't great and have a significant amount of grammatical errors. Keep thinking "work in progress".


This week we've been watching all the past Harry Potter movies in preparation for the BIG night on Thursday!!! Which, I'm unsure if I'm sad or excited. I mean... its the last one. After Thursday their won't be anything left to look forward to... hmmm. Anyway, I made cupcakes for one of our 'viewings'. They aren't super but it was fun!


I ALMOST FORGOT... HOLY COW. I read the Hunger Games series. Shut your mouth, they are twilight-addicting good. You need to stop what you are doing this minute and read them. Go. Read. Then come back and thank me when you've finished for introducing you to this amazing series!


I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and keeping cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment