It's been so long! Let me catch you up some...
Ava is
I'm starting a new position at Pink Elementary in Frisco ISD as their library media specialist. I'm SUPER excited for a new adventure closer to home. It's about a ten minute drive from the house. To think about five years ago I was driving to and from Richardson. :)
Cade is still at Independence High School as the theatre director. He loves it over there, to him, it is a second family. This year they are working on some really cool shows like Peter and the Star Catcher and Big Fish. I'm proud of him. He's just fantastic at what he does. *GUSH* :)
If you guys know us, you know that we sell fireworks. If you knew us even MORE you'd know that chiggers eat Cade alive. Every. Year. Ugh. We've tried it all, sulphur powder, bug spray, lighter fluid, knives... just kidding. You name it, we've tried. Inevitably he was nearly carried off by those dang bugs again this year.
ENTER ESSENTIAL OILS.
Keep reading! Most of you are probably thinking shut up with the selling of stuff... my friends already bug me (like chiggers... see what I did there? Ha!) but I'm not pitching to ya. No worries. Long story short, I had recently purchased essential oils (after thinking about it FOREVERRR) just cause they smell way better than candles. Ha. Turns out, they go far beyond smelling good. I looked up a mixture of oils and was able to relief the crazed itching from the chigger bites. #woowho Don't even get my started on how good they are with the girls. That's another story for another time. :)
![]() |
| Here is my difusser! :) Drop the oil in a little water and let the magic happen. |
![]() |
| My two favorite oils at the moment. |
| Daddy and Lyla |
| Hanging at Uncle Tate's. |
Well, I'm going to try and keep up with our blog a little more than I have been lately. Lots of my blogging friends have inspired me. :) Finish the summer strong folks!
-Amanda


I have a few essential oils (never thought I'd say that). I rub the peppermint on my temples when I have a light headache (doesn't work for the strong ones). I keep saying I'm going to research more but...that's another story. Anyway, chiggers are bad in Brazil too, and we have a vet that goes with us that has started bringing flea shampoo and when we get back from the village we wash our legs in flea shampoo and it kills the chiggers...what? The key is just-you have to do it within a few hours before they dig in, but....interesting, right? Incidentally, it also works to kill lice. Poor June has to share her shampoo with me now when I'm out in the woods.
ReplyDeleteWHAT Christy Robbins, that is GOLD info! Haha, June is a sharer, I'm sure she does mind. :)
ReplyDelete