Saturday, April 12, 2014

Helicopter EGG DROP

Yep. We took Lyla and Ava to an Easter egg hunt and they DROPPED EGGS FROM A HELICOPTER. I mean, I was more excited than the kids were. How cool?! Here is where you can insert the "well, when I was a kid, we didn't have cool things like this" comment.

Lyla absolutely loved it. When we first got there we got to see a puppet show about having Jesus in you heart. The story was told by several of Lyla's favorite farm animals to which she kept YELLING at from the crowd... COWW! NEIGHHHHH!!! MOOO ... so cute. She also kept busting a move in the chair every time music came on and that just pushed me right over the cuteness cliff. I felt like standing up and being like YEA, SHE IS MINE... SO CUTE RIGHT?? But I didn't. I've got self control. :) I'd like to point out that Lyla had a really good day which aren't as frequent as they used to be. Usually, we have a toddler flopping on the floor, screaming/demanding mickey mouse and a graham cracker. Today was a nice change of pace.  Ava did great too. She was just looking around enjoying the lights!

Once we watched our little puppet show, we grabbed a hot dog and watched them drop these eggs from the sky several times. Lyla is too little yet to run out there and hunt them so we took her to the infant-2 year old area. As soon as she got to the little egg patch she bent down and started putting these eggs in her little 'bibbit' (frog) basket like she'd been practicing her egg hunting skills recently. We had a lot of fun and the event was free. It was put on by Prestonwood Baptist Church and they were awesome. We loved how kid friendly everything was and the staff was extremely friendly. I highly recommend this to anyone with littles!


Lyla on the left about to go down HUGE bouncy house. Alone. **Not Pictured: The first time (this picture) she was fine. The second time she put her feet down and did a summer salt and landed on her face. Then we left. Esh. 

Big girl!

Pirate eggs. Again, SO COOL!


She way too interested in the eggs so the camera was a no-go. Couldn't get any pictures of her smiling!


Nothing says happy Easter like a pirate egg.





PRO


She's so pretty. I see a little girl when I look at her, not a baby anymore. :'(


The offical stroller pusher.


Taking a much needed nap. :)

Wishing you all a wonderful Easter!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment