Monday, December 2, 2013

How to Grieve

I mean, I don't know. What is an okay way to grief?

I've decided that any sort of way that you deal with the pain of losing someone you love is fine... as long as its healthy. Just fine. If you cry, laugh, compartmentalize it, whatever. It's no one's place to judge how you feel sorrow. 

I've been struggling with this lately. Mostly, I've felt guilty. We've just had our second sweet baby girl and life is just going on as it did when Dad was with us. Sometimes I forget, for just a moment, that he's gone and I laugh and get excited about life. Then, like someone smacked me, I feel guilty for not feeling the same kind of broken-heartedness as the rest of my family. It's a weird feeling and difficult to describe. Some of us just cry, some of us don't talk about it at all, some of us like to laugh about my dad's antics. How should I do this? What would my dad want? Is he disappointed in my reaction to him being gone? I'm feeling torn- so happy and in love with little Ava and watching Lyla learn to be a big sister and also being sad that Dad is gone. Holiday's aren't as bright and fun as they used to be. I'm sure it'll get better.

My mom posted this article... HERE... I really liked it! It down right spoke to me. I cried when I read it because it just hit close to my oh-so-sensitive heart. I don't want or need anyone to tell me how to feel sad or happy with dad being gone, but it's nice to be reminded that it's OKAY to miss someone in hundreds of different ways. 

Hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving. We put up our tree here at the house and are getting in the Christmas spirit! 


Thanksgiving last year, 2012


Baby Lyla's baptism


Dad and Lyla, Thanksgiving 2012

Love,
Amanda 



No comments:

Post a Comment